Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wandering In NY



I've been spending a lot of time just wandering in NY, in a dream-like state...usually with a soundtrack from my iPod providing the backdrop to each feeling as I walk down each street or meander through Central Park.

I've started to do some of the things I never was able to do the last few times I was here, like take a dance class or explore the city in places that I have been to, but didn't have the time to just absorb. Yesterday was one of those days where I let the city sink into my soul, dancing, music and then a trip to the Russian/Turkish Baths. I was in heaven. Sometimes I get sad, maybe because the last time I was here I was with someone I loved and had hoped that we would be back here together, maybe to live and now I am here alone. It's a different city than it was with him in a way, but I still fall in love with every street corner.

I met a new friend on the Fourth of July...very nice guy and now I have someone to have coffee with! I know, pathetic how excited I am, but I want to share time with someone...I have been so internal/disconnected when I am there... good to have someone to chat with. I am a social creature by nature after all:)


No comments: